An approach with multiple options
The B.A. method provides the possibility for a different approach depending on the working field.
The dance teacher will use it for flexibility, strength, core stability and enhancement of dance positions and movements.
The actor and the musician will be more interested in exploring the breathing pattern, the posture amelioration and the coordination of movement.
The physical education instructor has the opportunity to enhance the class with artistic elements such as music, rhythm, flow of movement, variety of energy and use of space, whilst the physiotherapist will use specific exercises and rehabilitation routines or could use the artistic aspect for psychological equilibrium.
The benefits of the method
Depending on the needs of our trainees we will plan our class or personal session based on fundamental aspects of the technique following certain rules:
What makes the B.A. an artistic class?
What makes the Barre ASTIĖ a pleasant body conditioning class?
- The importance of music which is not a background but an inspiring element providing the appropriate energy for each movement
- The use of space
- The way we combine our movements to create combinations more or less complicated depending on the standard. It‘s this possibility that makes the B.A. unique as a floor barre: we use more than 150 movements to create countless combinations because, as we dancers know, even the simplest gesture or combination will be a different one by changing the directions in space, the breathing pattern, the rhythm, the order that different parts of the body get involved.
- Last artistic element, the fluidity of movement, a flow of energy that gives grace, emotion and pleasure.
- The right balance of stretching and strengthening movements
- The well placing of the spine and the upper body that relieves from neck and back pains
- The connection with the art of dance.
- Last, the stimulation, the relaxation and elimination of tensions that our breathing pattern permits. In fact, “in Barre ASTIĖ, breathing is the tool to leave our body to an inner perception…the medium to learn how to isolate our limbs and accept to relinquish their weight.”
– Grammaire des Corps –